Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q :: How to apply for an IEC?
Ans :: An IEC application can be made manually as well as online.
Q :: What is the Procedure for filing Applications manually?
Ans ::An applicant can forward the application either by post or in person to the Jt.Director General of Foreign Trade,1st Floor,Kendriya sadan,Sultan Bazar,Hyderabad.
Q :: Is there anybody to guide and assist us?
Ans ::Yes. There is a Help Counter at Room No. 152 of Office. The timings are from 09.30AM to 1.00 PM, for submission of applications. For general assistance, the timings are from 09.30AM to 05.30PM.
Q :: What are the documents to be submitted for obtaining an IEC?
(1) Application in ANF 2A of Handbook of Procedures(HBP) 2009-14 (Part A,B & D).
(2) Demand Draft for Rs.250/-(Two Hundred and Fifty rupees only) drawn in favour of the "Jt.Director General of Foreign Trade, Hyderabad" payable at Hyderabad. Alternatively, fee payment can be made by EFT(Electronic Fund Transfer) or vide TR Challan in Appendix 21-A to be paid at Central Bank of India branches listed at Appendix-3 of HBP.
(3) Certficate from the Banker of the applicant firm in the specified format at Appendix-18A.
(4)Self certified copy of Permanent Account Number(PAN)issued by the Income Tax Authorities.
(5) Three Copies of Passport size of the applicant.
(6) Photograph on the banker's certificate should be attested by the Banker of the applicant.
(7) A covering letter and the above documents may be kept secured in the file cover, duly page numbering all the documents.
Q :: What are the documents required for modification of IEC?
Ans ::Please see guidelines for applicants under ANF 2A.
Q :: How to download IEC application from website?
Ans :: Please follow the steps given below.
(1) Go to the DGFT website http://dgft.gov.in
(2) Click on the option. Downloads
(3) Select Aayaat Niryaat Forms.
(4) Search for the form ANF 2A.
Q :: How many copies of application are to be submitted?
Ans ::Only one copy is sufficient.
Q :: What is the Procedure for Online Application submission?
Ans :: Go to the DGFT website http://dgft.gov.in and click on the link IEC ONLINE(Help) for complete guidelines regarding filing of Online IEC application.
Q :: Is a Hardcopy of application required to be submitted in case of Online IEC application?
Ans :: No.
Q ::In how many days can one expect issue of IEC certificate?
Ans :: Two working days.
Q :: Is it possible to take Hand Delivery of IEC certificate ?
Ans :: No. IECs will be delivered by Registered Post only.
Q :: What is the validity period of IEC?
Ans :: There is no specific restriction on validity.
Q :: Are there any monthly returns to be filed?
Ans :: No.
Q :: I have applied for PAN. It will take some time. Can I get IEC based on UTI acknowledgement?
Ans :: No. PAN card issued by the Income Tax Authorities is mandatory.
Q :: How many Photographs are needed in an IEC application?
Ans :: Five Photos.
Q :: Can I give a different mail address on Postal cover than the one mentioned in the application?
Ans :: No. The IEC address should be the Registered office address only.
Q :: Is there any penalty in case the request for modification of IEC is made late?
Ans :: Yes. Rs.1000/- (One Thousand Rupees) is the penalty, in case the changes in name/address/constitution are not incorporated in the IEC within 90 days of such change.
Q :: How many IECs can be obtained in the name of one PAN number?
Ans :: Only one IEC can be obtained against one PAN number.
My IEC is rejected. Can I get fee refund?
Ans :: No. Since, it is an application processing fee, it cannot be refunded.
Q :: I lost my IEC. Can I get a Duplicate IEC?If so,what is the fee & Procedure?
Ans :: Yes. Duplicate IEC can be issued. Fee of Rs. 200/- is to be paid in the form of Demand Draft along with FIR filed in the jurisdictional police station and an affidavit
Q :: Can I request for cancellation of my IEC?
Ans :: Yes. On receipt of such request from the authorised person, an IEC can be cancelled.